With that in mind, here is a quick checklist of things to troubleshoot:
- Go to the breaker box.... is the correct breaker installed?
- Are you plugged directly into the wall receptacle? NO extension cords allowed!
- What program are you using? Is the ramp speed too slow?
- Turn off kiln and then on again. Put in a program with one segment... Ramp FULL/9999 to 1500F hold 10 min. How long did it take to reach 1500F? Did it reach temp? (larger kilns take longer to heat than smaller ones. A larger kiln may only be able to heat at 400-500 dph.
- Do you have a multi-meter to check the voltage of the line too assure you are getting the full amperage you need?
As always, please consult a licensed electrician as they should be very aware of this code and its requirements. Most of all we want you to be safe!!