Free shipping on all kilns everyday of the year!*
no code. no end date. no kidding.
All of our kiln prices are quoted at the 100% DELIVERED PRICE!* That means... no need for a freight quote or to be surprised with hidden residential / lift-gate charges as our prices include all shipping charges *within the contiguous United States... UPS/Fed Ex and motor freight!
Don't be fooled by websites with lower prices and flat rate shipping. Most of them have additional fees for residential delivery or lift-gate or some other game! At Kiln Frog, what you see is what you pay!
For clarification, the contiguous United States consists of the 48 adjoining U.S. states plus Washington, D.C. If you need info on shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and other US Territories... no problem! We've got you covered!
*Delivery is a basic service that DOES NOT include inside delivery, kiln setup, placement, uncrating kiln, or disposal of crating and packaging materials.
This is the part where that little *star* comes in again. Some addresses are deemed limited access areas by the shipping companies. Additional delivery charges will likely occur for delivery addresses that are not accessible by larger lift-gate trucks or by traditional commercial vehicles. That's why they are considered limited access areas.
Examples of limited access areas deemed by shippers are:
- Homes located on a winding dirt road on the side of a mountain, on an island, or at the end of an extra-long driveway, gravel driveways are also a no-go.
- New York City (Manhattan, as well as some other borough locations)
- Some airport locations
- Some Washington State, California, Utah, and Colorado Rockies locations
Shipping fees have become excessive and as of 2021, KilnFrog, LLC. will have to charge customers for these additional shipping charges. We will let you know ahead of time what we will cover as the standard charges, and what the additional limited access charges that you will be expected to cover. (We don't actual make these determinations, the shippers do, so we try to make it all work for everyone.)
Top 5 things to remember when purchasing your kiln:
- Compare kilns on an equal basis. Don't be fooled - check out the specs and what's included before you buy... and, especially look at the controller (manual v.digital).
- Make sure you read the small print and ask for the delivered price. Sometimes it looks like shipping is included but, a lift gate or residential delivery fee may be added. All kilns at KilnFrog include shipping and residential delivery with a lift gate, unless other wise noted for size. (*within the contiguous United States!)
- At Kiln Frog, we only sell kilns with a digital controller. To fuse glass, heat treat metals and blades, fire pottery and ceramics, and more. This is the only way to go!
- Always look for the shelf size before buying. Remember, kilns are labeled by the opening size, not the shelf size. Hey Artists, you can only fire as big as the shelf. Industrial people, look for the internal dimensions.
- Finally, most kilns are made to order and are dropped shipped from the manufacturer directly to your location. Production times varies by manufacturer and can be from 6-26 weeks.
How do you handle freight shipped inside vs. outside the Contiguous U.S.?