The Kiln Academy is a beginner's guide to using a kiln, including answers to questions you might not even know you should ask! CAUTION! You are entering the kiln geek zone!
So, here we go... The first thing to remember is that a kiln is a tool, and every tool should be matched to the requirements of the job. We like to think of your kiln research as a job interview. You want to hire (purchase) the best candidate. Of course, when you hire someone you have to assess their skills, their reliability, their knowledge, and here’s the big one; can you afford to hire your dream candidate, or will you have to make a few compromises to get the job done at the price you can afford? With this analogy in mind, dive into kilns for beginners!
ALL ABOUT KILNS
- What to consider when buying a kiln?
- What types of kilns are available?
- Fiber vs. Brick?
- What shape, size, and depth do I need?
- What kind of controller is best?
- What other features are important?
- What is the biggest kiln on 120v household current?
- Where should I place my kiln?
- All you need to know about cones!
- What do I do when I get my kiln?
PLUGS & ELECTRICITY
- Prepare for Firing
- Factors to consider when selecting a firing schedule
- Firing Stages
- Keeping a Log
- Controller Tips & Tricks
- Bullseye Glass Co. Index of FAQ’s
- Safety Precautions
- Care and Maintenance
- How do you repair a crack in a fiber kiln?
- Kiln Warranty Information
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
KILN FROG FAQ