- Kilns delivered via UPS – All small shipments under 80lbs. will be delivered to your door. Additionally, they all have tracking numbers so, we will know the location of your package at all times and can estimate your delivery date.
- Kilns delivered via motor freight – Obviously, your house was not equipped with a loading dock and, it would be impossible for you to use your kiln if you can't get it off the truck. Our thoughts exactly... So, at Kiln Frog, all kilns delivered via motor freight include residential delivery which means you get a lift gate at no extra charge! You can then expect the driver to unload the kiln from the truck via lift gate and pallet jack and place it in your designated area. Then, it becomes your responsibility to unpack and inspect it.
What if there is damage?
Just about all kiln manufacturers’ package their kilns so they will arrive undamaged, but sometimes bad luck visits and something could get damaged. In the unlikely event of this happening, you have the option of refusing delivery. Check the count of the items ordered, and note on the carrier's delivery receipt any shortages. If any damage appears on outside of package, have the driver inspect the packages and note on the carrier's delivery receipt the damage. Immediately after delivery, open all cartons to determine if there is any concealed damage. Retain all damaged items with their packaging Call carrier to report damage and request an inspection within 24 hours. If a call is made later than 36 hours, the carrier can deny your claim. Make sure the damaged items have not been moved from the receiving area prior to discovery of the damage. Allow the inspector to inspect damaged items, cartons, inner packing materials and freight bill. Be sure to retain your delivery receipt, it will be required as supporting documentation when a claim is filed. Once the inspector has filled out the inspection report, read it carefully and make sure you agree with the report. Unless repairs will be completely satisfactory, be sure the inspector requests replacement on the inspection reports otherwise a new item cannot be ordered to replace what can be repaired. Continue to retain damaged merchandise even though the inspection has been completed. Damaged items cannot be used or disposed of without written permission from the carrier. Do not return damage items to the shipper without written authorization from the supplier. If damage items are picked up by the carrier for salvage, secure the receipt.
Documents Required for Filing a Freight Claim
- Your carrier's loss or damage claim form
- Shipper's original invoice or copy
- Original bill of lading
- Original paid freight bill
- Carrier's inspection report
- Repair invoice
It is the customer's responsibility (as consignee) to file any claim. Kiln Frog is willing to assist you in collecting claims but this willingness does not make us responsible for collection of claims or replacement of materials damaged or lost. KILN FROG CANNOT MAKE FREIGHT CLAIMS FOR CUSTOMERS.