|Model:||Paragon KM36T Pro 3 Zone|
|Dimensions Inside:||6.5" (width) x 36" (depth) x 5.25 (height)|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2350° F|
|Shipping Weight:||350# (Freight)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- Digital Sentinel Smart Touch controller
- Solid State Relays
- 3-Zone Temperature Control with “special limit” Thermocouples
- Ceramic Fiber Firing Chamber
- On/Off Door Safety Switch
- Optional Gas Injection Flow Meter
- Instruction Manual
- 1-year Limited Warranty
No more waiting for commercial heat treating! As the owner of a Paragon KM-18T Pro furnace, you can live the knife making adventure to the fullest!
Solid State Relays - The KM-18T Pro has three solid state relays that are mounted to aluminum heat sinks. SSR's last far longer than standard mechanical relays and offer better temperature control during holds.SSR's also have no moving parts to wear out. You will also notice is that SSR's are silent. The only sound you will hear just the reassuring hum of the heating elements.
3-Zone Temperature Control - The KM-18T Pro offers precise heat distribution throughout the length of the firing chamber. This is because it is divided into three zones. Each zone has its own thermocouple or temperature sensor. The Sentinel controller electronically adjusts the temperature of each zone.
See for yourself--test for temperature uniformity by taking measurements along the length of a blade with a Rockwell Hardness Tester.
“Special Limit” Thermocouples - The thermocouples are made of 14-gauge exposed-tip for fast response to temperature changes. Measured from the front, the thermocouples are located in the top at 3”, 9”, and 15”.
Ceramic Fiber Firing Chamber - The KM-18T Pro is unusually fast because it is made with a ceramic fiber firing chamber. It can reach 500°F in minutes. Long lasting, “wavy” elements in the walls are surface-mounted to dissipate heat rapidly and prolong element life.
Digital Sentinel Smart Touch Controller - The KM-18T Pro comes with a deluxe touch-screen Sentinel temperature controller. Store 12 custom heat treating programs with up to 32 segments per program. (Adjust the rate, temperature, and hold time for each segment.)
The Sentinel includes Novice Mode, which adds questions to guide you during programming. The Sentinel can also turn a vent or gas injection flow meter on or off for each segment of a program.
Choose a Guillotine Door, Drop Door, or Side-Swing Door - You can order a Paragon KM-18T Pro with a stainless steel drop door, a side-swing door, or a guillotine door. The guillotine door lifts out of the way with one-handed operation with the assistance of a spring on each side of the furnace.
Door Safety Switch - The door micro safety switch shuts off the power to the elements when the door is opened, yet the controller continues to give a temperature readout. The safety switch is standard on Paragon KM furnaces.
Solid Furnace Construction - The furnace is insulated with 2 1/2” ceramic fiber. A built-in solid stand lifts the firing chamber safely off your worktable. The thermocouple wire is kept safely inside the case for protection from the harsh environment of the typical bladesmith shop.
Optional Gas Injection Flow Meter - During heat treating, scale develops on the surface of the steel. One way to eliminate most scaling is to wrap the blades in stainless steel foil. Another way is to install the gas injection flow meter on your furnace. It is available as either an add-on kit or you can order the furnace with the meter installed. The meter regulates the flow of an inert gas, such as argon, inside the furnace. The gas displaces the oxygen to prevent some of the scaling.
Knifemakers Heat Treating Kit contains:
- One (1) Pair Hot Gloves: For intermittent handling of hot objects up to 400° F. Sold in pairs. Not intended for handling hot blades.
- One (1) Heat Treating Fork: Easily removes knife holders and blades from the hot furnace. A sliding wooden handle allows you the most comfortable position for holding the fork. 31” long.
- Eight (8) Firebrick Supports: Position firebrick supports under the knife holders inside the furnace. The firebrick supports raise the knife holders so you can slide the fork under holders.
- Four (4) Knifeholders: High-temperature removable pins fit into holes pressed into a ceramic base. The pins hold the blades on the edge so heat can circulate around each blade. (You will need to wrap the blades in heat treating foil, which is not included in this kit.)