Paragon Kiln Warranty
Paragon Kilns are warranted to the original purchaser by Paragon Industries, L.P. (herein Paragon), subject to the listed exclusions below, to be free of defects in workmanship for the periods specified below. The warranty period begins from date of shipment from the Paragon factory unless date of original purchase from an authorized Paragon distributor or dealer can be established.
- QuickFire kilns: 3 months
- Bluebirds, J-series, SC-series, Home Artist, HT-series and KM-Series, and kilns with a maximum temperature rating above 2300ºF (except Dragons, Iguanas and Vikings): 1 year
- TNF 2 controllers, GF, GL, and Fusion series kilns rated 2000°F or lower and all other kilns with a maximum temperature rated 2300ºF or lower 2 years
- Controllers: Sentry (12 key): 2 ½ years; Sentry Xpress (3 key): the length of the new kiln’s warranty and 1 year on replacement controllers for older kilns.
- Dragon, Iguana and Viking kilns: 2 years. S-Type thermocouple and APM elements fall within the 2 year warranty. Sentry controller: 2 ½ years. Standard elements: 6 months. Type-K thermocouple is not warranted on the Dragon, Iguana and Viking.
These warranty periods apply unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
THIS WARRANTY EXCLUDES:
- Kilns or furnaces damaged by overfiring (exceeding the melting temperature of the material being fired) regardless of cause of overfiring;
- Ware, tools, kiln furniture, or anything inside damaged by overfire;
- Kilns allowed to exceed the maximum temperature shown on kiln’s nameplate, regardless of cause;
- Kilns subjected to abuse, neglect, freight damage or improper storage;
- Kilns used for either reduction or salt firing,
- Kilns damaged by improper electrical installation;
- Kilns used for purposes other than firing ceramics, glass, heat treating, or the purpose for which it was intended;
- Element burnout caused by contact with foreign materials;
- The patented Dawson Kiln Sitter and/or Limit Timer manufactured by W.P. Dawson, Inc., 399 Thor Place, Brea, California 92621.
WARRANTY COVERAGE EXTENDS ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER AND DOES NOT COVER REPLACEMENT OF PARTS THAT ARE, BY THEIR NATURE, EXPENDABLE. THIS WARRANTY IS VOIDED IF THE PRODUCT IS ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY ATTACHING ANY FEATURE OR DEVICE TO IT, OR IS IN ANY WAY TAMPERED WITH OR MODIFIED WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM PARAGON INDUSTRIES, L.P.
Paragon Industries, L.P., will repair or replace any parts that become defective under normal and proper use during the specified period for the kiln purchased, providing the kiln has not been subjected to misuse or the listed exclusions. Paragon will furnish and install replacement parts at the factory with transportation costs to and from the factory paid by the owner; or upon receipt of defective parts at the factory, and after factory examination of the defect, Paragon will furnish replacement parts, complete with installation instructions, shipped postpaid to owner. The warranty on the repaired and/or replaced parts will be limited to the unexpired term of the original warranty.
Any claim for adjustment under this warranty must include name and address of dealer from whom kiln was originally purchased. Repair or replacement of any defective parts shall fulfill all obligations of Paragon. No other obligations or liabilities are assumed in connection with Paragon kilns nor does Paragon Industries, L.P. authorize its distributors or dealers to assume any other obligations or liabilities on its behalf.
THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PARAGON INDUSTRIES, L.P. BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DEFECT IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP. NOTE: SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This agreement is made in the State of Texas and its validity, construction, and all rights under it will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.