|Model:||Paragon Bluebird XL|
|Dimensions Inside:||20" (width) x 9" (depth) X 4.5" (height)|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 1500° F|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- Digital Sentry Xpress with 8 Segment Ramp-Hold, Skip Segment & Program Review
- 1 each 4” high short door and 4 1/4” high tall door for the ultimate in versatility
- Door latches to hold the doors closed while fusing glass
- 9” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- Firebrick roof, walls, and floor
- 1”-thick ceramic fiber doors
- Mandrel holders with 20 slots
- Pinless element grooves in the roof
- Coated firebricks in roof
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- On-off safety switch
- Ships via UPS!
The Paragon BlueBird XL is a dream kiln for the glass bead enthusiast. The 10” wide double doors give a total of 20” width for inserting bead rods. It is like having two annealing kilns instead of one. The BlueBird XL has a user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress digital controller. The element is mounted in the roof and embedded between two layers of ceramic fiber board. This reduces dust inside the kiln. (Note: The BlueBird XL is fired at the Paragon factory before the outside metal is painted. This is to harden the liquid rigidizer on the ceramic fiber insulation. This may leave black or brown marks on the insulation. These marks are normal.) The standard BlueBird XL comes with a short door on the left and tall door on the right. However, you can order your kiln with two short doors or two tall doors. The doors are interchangeable, so you can reverse the doors of a standard BlueBird XL later. As you can see, this is a versatile kiln. Side latches hold the doors closed while the kiln is heating to annealing temperature. Phenolic knobs on the door handles stay cool to the touch. Rare-earth magnets hold the doors open when needed. A safety switch on the front panel turns off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use. Plus! Paragon added a stainless steel glass rod warmer on top of the kiln. BONUS!