|Model:||Jen-Ken AF3P 11/4.5 w/ 2" Flip Door|
|Inside Dim:||11"(width) x 4.5" (depth)|
|Shelf Size:||10” Round Shelf|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2000° F|
|Ship Wt:||50# (UPS)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- 3-key Digital Orton Controller
- JUMP START Programming
- 2" Flip Door for Beads
- Shelf Kit: 1 full shelf, 3 each 1/2" posts, and kiln wash
- 2-position Lid Prop for venting
- Stopper Brick for Flip Door
- Base Bricks as Stand
- High Temperature Lid Coating
- Mechanical Relays
- Instruction Manual
- 2-Year Limited Warranty (The manufacturer's warranty as well as the optional add-on Extended Warranty Protection Plan do not cover a service contractor to provide in-home kiln repairs.)
Why Upgrade from Mechanical Relays to Solid-State Relays?
Mechanical Relays, which come standard on most kilns have internal moving parts which over time wear out and need to be replaced. Kiln manufacturers recommend you replace your mechanical relays approximately every 2 years. Solid-state relays have no moving parts and last far longer than standard mechanical relays and offer far better temperature control during hold times. Since solid-state relays also have no moving parts to wear out, they NEVER need to be replaced. You will notice that solid-state relays are silent. The only sound you will hear is just the reassuring hum of the heating elements. So, this factory upgrade saves you potential down time from having to wait for new relays to arrive, potential over-fires from relays sticking in the closed position, potential aggravation from having to learn how to remove and replace the mechanical relays yourself. We think this upgrade is well worth the cost and will save you time and aggravation over the life of your kiln.
I would definitely recommend this kiln. Extremely well-built.