Jen-Ken Kilns are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship when used under normal and proper conditions for the periods specified below. The warranty period begins at the date of original purchase from Jen-Ken Kilns, a Jen-Ken Kiln authorized distributor or dealer. Jen-Ken Kilns are warranted for 2 years from date of original purchase. Dawson Kiln Sitter is warranted by a separate 1 year warranty from WP Dawson, Inc. AutoFire panels are warranted by a separate 1 year plan from the manufacturer.
To Claim under the Warranty, the purchaser must:
- Provide written proof of the date of purchase.
- Notify Jen-Ken Kilns (or distributor/dealer) from whom the kiln was purchased.
- Make the kiln immediately available for inspection.
FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS:
- Warranty repairs should be handled from where you purchased the kiln and they will arrange for any repairs or replacement of parts under the terms of the warranty and upon receipt of the kiln or defective part(s). Warranty work, other than that performed at the factory, DOES NOT include labor, just parts. The defective parts may be returned to Jen-Ken Kilns, (postage prepaid) 3615 Ventura Drive West, Lakeland, Florida USA 33811. Include your name and address, a letter of explanation and the name and address from where you purchased the kiln. If, after factory examination the part is found to be defective, a new or repaired part will be sent prepaid by JJen-Ken Kilns.
- If the entire kiln is to be returned to the factory, all transportation costs are the responsibility of the purchaser. The purchaser should notify Jen-Ken Kilns at (863) 648-0585 prior to shipping. We will advise the best shipping method and if it is necessary to return the whole kiln or only certain parts. Factory warranty work will be performed within 30 days after the defective part is returned to the factory.
- Jen-Ken Kilns, reserves the right, as its option, to replace the entire kiln or any part of it in order to fulfill its obligation under this warranty.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Freight damage.
- Kilns altered in any way after leaving our factory.
- Abuse or neglect, moisture, improper storage.
- Improper installation.
- Kiln Overfires (exceeding the melting temperatures of the materials being fired) regardless of the cause of the overfire. (This does not occur in kilns that are monitored while firing. If in doubt during a firing, turn the kiln off)
- Dawson Kiln Sitter or Limit Timer.
- Kilns operated on incorrect voltage.
- Improper electrical installation.
- Kiln furniture.
- Kiln ware.
- Kilns used for purposes other than firing ceramic or glass materials.
- Kilns operated in excess of the temperature rating of the kiln.
- Damage that may occur from kilns that are fired on or near combustible materials (i.e.: wood floors).
This Warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Jen-Ken Kilns, neither assumes nor authorizes any distributor, dealer, retailer or employee to assume for it any other obligation of liabilities in connection with Jen-Ken Kilns.
This warranty is limited, as specified above and excludes incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty give you specific rights and you may also have other rights why vary from state to state.