Covington - 18" Flat Lap Grinder
- Optional Water Supply Feeds Through Shaft Center
- Aluminum Water Manfold Controls Fluid Flow
- Heavy Welded Steel Chassis with Stainless Steel Catch Pan
- 1hp, 3 Phase, Wash-Down Variable Speed Motor and Controller
- Available in 110V or 220V, 50Hz or 60Hz
- Shaft Will Accept 5/8"-11RH Male Accessories
- 1" Stainless Steel Shaft with Welded Flange Heavy Duty Ball Bearing
- Shipping Weight: 355 lbs.
- Size: 32" x 34" x 48"
Add the NEW USER KIT:
The New User Kit Provides the essentials to get your home studio up and running.
- 1 x Submersible Pump with 10' x 1/4" pipe
- 1 x 100 Grit Grinding Disc (Either Nickel Bonded or Dot Disc)
- 1 x 270 Grit Grinding Disc (Either Nickel Bonded or Dot Disc)
- 1 x 325 Resin Bonded Disc
- 1 x Felt Polishing Disc
- 1 x 1lb of Cerium Oxide (Optical Grade)
Learn more about Covington Flat Lap Glass Grinders and Bevelers!
Check out our Magnetic Disk Organizers... the perfect place to store your discs!
During a recent workshop, we had the opportunity to use the 12" machine to create, bevel and polish small dichroic jewelry pieces... it was awesome. I just had to add it to the studio. ....and then we added an 18" too! You can never have too much of a good thing!!
Using these magnetic flat diamond discs is absolutely the cleanest, fastest way to grind and polish your work. This machine will be hard plumbed.
The 18" beveler and grinder is a large and versatile unit designed to cold-work pieces of glass. With the appropriate accessories, this unit will grind, shape, and polish small workpieces. There are several features built into this variable-speed lapping unit, including a water sleeve that allows water to come up through the shaft center and disperse from the middle of the plate if you choose, and an overhead loc-line® water supply. It also has a 5/8"-11RH female thread that accepts a variety of different diamond finishing tools. An optional male-to-male brass fitting for female treads is also available.
The speed control allows speed ranges from 200rpm to 1100rpm. The bearings have been set 11" apart on the shaft to give rigidity and stability to the 18" blanched and precision ground plate. A wash-down motor and controller are perfect for wet environments. This unit is made with 11-gauge box tubing and 16-gauge removable side panels topped with heavy-duty powder coating. It comes with a full 1-year warranty on parts.
The Standard Disc Set:
This set comes with the most commonly used grinding discs for the Beveler Grinder Units. Kit includes: 1 x 100g Nickel Bond Disc or Dot Disc, 1 x 270g Nickel Bond Disc or Dot Disc, 1 x 325g Resin Disc, 1 x Felt Polish Disc, & 1 lb. Cerium Oxide
Bottle Disc Set:
This set includes the essentials to start smoothing the interior edge of bottles and curves. Kit includes: 1 x male to male adapter, 1 x Fine Diamond Cone, 1 x Felt Polishing Cone, 1 x 100g Nickel Bond Disc or Dot Disc, 1 x 270g Nickel Bond Disc or Dot Disc, 1 x 325g Resin Disc, 1 x Felt Polish Disc, & 1 lb. Cerium Oxide