|Dimensions Inside:||18" (width) x 18" (depth) x 22.25" (height)|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2350°F, Cone 10|
|Shipping Weight:||530 lbs.|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- 12-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 3” thick firebrick roof, walls, door, and floor
- Type-K thermocouple with ¼” sheath, or optional type-S
- Two tapered peepholes in the side give a wide view of the interior
- Proportional power elements for more even heating
- Heavy-gauge steel completely covers the bottom under the firebricks for extra strength.
- 1 ½” air gap between the switch box and kiln; electrical components stay cool and last longer
- Built-in fuse protects the controller
- Four hand-lifts
PLEASE NOTE: The stand is priced separately from the kiln.
The Iguana is powered with reliable extra heavy-duty elements. This results in long element life because the elements do not “struggle” to reach high temperatures.
The 240-volt Iguana plugs into a standard 6-50R outlet, so you can fire it on the outlet most studio kilns already use.
The Iguana is easy on the back muscles. With the optional 22” stand, the interior floor height is a comfortable 34 ½”.
Industrial-gauge elements are seated and protected in dropped, recessed firebrick grooves. The elements are easy to replace because you can comfortably reach into the kiln.
Potters and ceramists who struggle with top-loading kilns will enjoy the Iguana. The door swings open wide on a heavy ½” steel rod with sealed bearings. A spring-loaded latch presses the door tightly closed. A recessed firebrick lip around the door seals in heat.
For your peace of mind, the Iguana includes a safety switch that shuts off power to the controller when not in use.
The ventilated switch box is generously louvered for air circulation for the long life of the electrical components. Yet dust is kept to a minimum.