|Dimensions Inside:||56" (length) x 30" (width) x 16.5" (depth)|
|Shelf Size:||1 – 53” x 27” Dyson Shelf + 4 – 1 1/2” x 2” x 24” Rails (to be placed under the shelf) - NOT INCLUDED|
|Elements:||Top and Side Elements|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 1700° F|
|Voltage:||240 or 208 Volts|
|Shipping Weight:||1150# (Freight)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- 12-Key Sentry 2.0 Digital Controller
- Ceramic Fiber Lid Liner Top
- Safety switch and pilot light
- Air pistons assist lifting the lid.
- Switch box slotted for air circulation, heavy duty wiring
- Convenient height: 29” from floor to top of lower firing chamber wall
- Heating elements in the top, walls, and bottom for uniform heating
- Top and bottom pinless element grooves
- Separate top and bottom zone controls using power ratio technology
- Long-lasting mercury relays
- High temperature gasket
- ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple
- Heavy tubular steel frame for rock-steady support
- Bottom storage shelf
- 20” wooden handle
- Casters and leveling feet
- Two vents in the top; 2 peepholes in the front
- Option to Upgrade to the NEW "Paragon Sentinel Smart Touch" Controller
The Pearl-56 Professional Series digital glass kiln is an investment that soon pays for itself. The 56” wide, 30” deep, 16 1/2” high clamshell firing chamber splits when the top is up. The lower wall is 4 1/2” high giving convenient access to the shelf area. Heavy-duty air pistons lighten the top. The Pearl-56 has two vents in the top and two peepholes/vents along the front. The 2” x 3” front peepholes include firebrick plugs. Watch the glass through every stage of firing. The 2” x 3” top vents come with hinged door covers and high-temperature abrasion-resistant gaskets. The kiln is equipped with casters for hassle-free moving. Level the kiln effortlessly with four leveling feet. The efficient Pearl-56 is insulated with a 3” ceramic fiber top and 2 1/2” insulating firebrick walls and bottom. The top presses against a gasket mounted in the lower wall section. For unsurpassed heat distribution, elements are mounted in the top, walls, and floor. The Pearl-56 is rich in special features. For instance, mercury relays are standard on this kiln for your peace of mind. Industrial-grade mercury relays found in the Pearl-56 far outlast mechanical relays. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. To keep the electrical components cool for long, trouble-free service, we mount them away from the firing chamber inside a switch box, which is angled for comfortable operation of the controls.
The Pearl-56 is ideal for glass casting, because heat comes from the top, four sides, and bottom. For even greater control of the heat, the Pearl-56 uses the digital 12-key Sentry 2.0 controller with advanced power ratio technology. This is a feature pioneered by Paragon to balance the heat between the top and bottom elements in increments of 10%. (i.e., 100% top - 0% sides, 50% top - 50% sides, 80% top – 20% sides, etc.) The split between top and bottom is where the kiln opens, so top and bottom elements each include side elements. Set the heat balance for any combination desired between the top and bottom so that the total heat output equals 100%. Imagine the precise control you will have in adjusting the kiln to slump glass or to improve heat distribution over large fused panels.