|Model:||Paragon Super Dragon
|Inside Dimensions :||27" (width) x 27" (depth) x 36" (height)|
|Dimensions Outside:||51.5" (width) x 43" (depth) x78" (height)|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2350°F, Cone 10|
|Voltage:||240 volts / 1 Phase - Available in 208V and 3 phase
|Shipping Weight:||1,550 lbs. (freight)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- 12-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 4” thick walls, top and door are made of 3” firebrick backed by 1” of ceramic fiber block insulation.
- Type-K thermocouple with ¼” sheath, or optional type-S
- Proportional power elements for more even heating
- 4 ½” thick reinforced firebrick floor.
- Case temperature at cone 10: 170°F (compared to 400-500°F for standard firebrick kilns)
- Ventilated and hinged switch box is generously slotted for air circulation1 ½” air gap between the switch box and kiln; electrical components stay cool and last longer.
Exceptional element life
The Super Dragon exudes power. Its 21,600 watts heat the 27” wide, 27” deep, 36” high interior to cone 10 with ample power to spare. This results in long element life, because the elements do not “struggle” to reach high temperatures. Dropped, recessed grooves seat industrial-gauge elements.
Extra insulation saves energy and lengthens cooling. The 4” thick walls, top and door are made of 3” firebrick backed by 1” of ceramic fiber block insulation. The floor is 4 ½” thick firebrick. The extra insulation not only saves energy but also cools the kiln slowly without having to turn the elements back on. This gives the micro-crystalline structure and color of the glaze sufficient time for full development. Cool slowly to achieve dramatic shifts in glaze color such as iron reds and enjoy the richer look of gas firing. Create breathtaking pottery in the exciting Super Dragon.
Hinged switch box for easy maintenance
The ventilated switch box is generously slotted for air circulation for the long life of the electrical components. Hinged at the bottom, the switch box opens wide for easy maintenance. Open the box in seconds by merely removing two screws at the top. A folding support arm holds the box in the open position. There is plenty of working space around electrical components. A bank of built-in NEC/UL compliant high-amperage fuses protects the kiln and circuit wiring.
Doorway Clearance: The Super Dragon will fit through a 42” doorway.
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.