|Dimensions Inside:||16" (length) x 16" (width) x 6" (depth)|
|Shelf Size:||15” Square Shelf - NOT INCLUDED|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 1700° F|
|Amperage:||15 amps (20 amp breaker recommended)|
|Shipping Weight:||92# (UPS)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- 3-Key Digital Sentry Xpress Controller
- On/off toggle switch. Shut off power to the controller when not in use.
- Built-in steel base with mar-proof rubber feet
- Light-weight ceramic fiber lid for easy loading
- A steel cover with welded corners protects the entire top of the lid.
- The control panel is slotted for air circulation.
- Pinless element grooves in the ceramic fiber walls
- No special wiring is needed. Runs on standard outlet.
- Heavy duty, sheathed 1/4” wide thermocouple
- Wooden lid handle stays cool.
- Sloped switch box for easy operation of the digital controller
- Made in the USA
- Colorful 28-page kiln instruction manual (In addition, the kiln also comes with a separate controller manual.)
Create vibrant, color-saturated fused and slumped glass in the 120 volt FiberFuse-16 ceramic fiber kiln. The FiberFuse-16 fires up to 1700°F (926°C). It is suitable for teaching glass fusing seminars, because it fires fast, it is portable, it plugs into a standard household outlet, and it ships by UPS. Ceramic fiber, the insulation in the FiberFuse-16 absorbs less heat than firebrick kilns do. For this reason the FiberFuse-16 fires and cools faster than larger firebrick kilns.
The FiberFuse 16 kiln is now made with a ceramic fiber muffle with flat, surface-mounted elements. This will improve firing efficiency, because the kiln has more insulation in the walls. The walls, and bottom are 2” thick. The sides are wrapped in a protective steel case. A deluxe steel top with welded corners covers the lid. The lightweight lid is easy to lift with one hand. The wooden lid handle stays cool even during extended firing and annealing times. The firing chamber heats from the side.
Heat distribution in the FiberFuse 16 is so even that the kiln can fire glass without lid elements. The element coil is wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in the sidewall grooves without pins. The built-in stand, complete with mar-proof rubber feet, raises the kiln off the work surface. Raise the kiln to a convenient height by placing it on a fire-proof steel table.
A lid safety switch is now standard on the FiberFuse-16. The switch shuts off the power to the elements when the lid is opened. The temperature controller remains powered with the lid open and automatically resumes the current program when you close the lid.