Covington Engineering - 12" Horizontal Glass Grinder and Beveler
- Optional Water Supply Feeds Through Shaft Center
- Aluminum Water Manfold Controls Fluid Flow
- Heavy Welded Steel Chassis with Stainless Steel Catch Pan
- 1hp, 3 Phase, Wash-Down Variable Speed Motor and Controller
- Available in 110V or 220V, 50Hz or 60Hz
- Shaft Will Accept 5/8"-11RH Male Accessories
- 1" Stainless Steel Shaft with Welded FlangeHeavy Duty Ball Bearing
- Starter Disc Set includes a 100, 325 Grit Diamond Disc and a 325 Grit Pre-Polish Pad.
- Shipping Weight: 195 lbs.
- Size: 25" x 25" x 27"
During a recent workshop we had the opportunity to use this machine to create, bevel and polish small dichroic jewelry pieces... it was awesome. I just had to add it to the studio. Using these magnetic flat diamond discs are absolutely the cleanest, fastest way to grind and polish your work. This machine is easy to clean and doesn't require hard plumbing. We put together a recirculating unit using a pond pump, brass fittings, clear tubing and a 5 gallon bucket. We put ours on a tall stand with wheel for the ultimate in portability and strength!
The 12" beveler and grinder is a versatile unit designed to cold-work pieces of glass.With the appropriate accessories this unit will grind, shape, and polish small work pieces. There are several features built into this variable speed lapping unit, including a water sleeve that allows water to come up through the shaft center and disperse from the middle of the plate if you choose, and an overhead loc-line® water supply. It also has a 5/8"-11RH female thread that accepts a variety of different diamond finishing tools. An optional male-to-male brass fitting for female treads is also available.
The speed control allows speed ranges from 200rpm to 1100rpm. The bearings have been set 11" apart on the shaft to give rigidity and stability to the 12" blanched and precision ground plate. A wash-down motor and controller are perfect for wet environments. This unit is made with 11-gauge box tubing and 16-gauge removable side panels topped with heavy duty powder coating. Comes with a full 1-year warranty on parts.