|Model:||Paragon Caldera Digital|
|Dimensions Inside:||8" (length) x 8" (width) x 6.75" (depth)|
|Dimensions Outside:||13" (width) x 19.5" (depth) x 13.75" (height)|
|Shelf Size:||7" Square Shelf - NOT INCLUDED|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2350° F|
|Amperage:||14 amps (You can plug it into most household outlets)|
|Shipping Weight:||50# (UPS)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- 3-Key Digital Sentry Xpress Controller
- On/Off Safety Switch
- Heavy-duty steel stand with rubber feet
- 2 ½” insulating refractory firebricks
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves protect the element for long life
- Vented switch box, heavy-duty wiring for years of reliable service
- Instruction Manual
- 1-year Limited Warranty
Steel Stand, Stackable Design
The Paragon Caldera digital high-fire kiln can fire rapidly to 2350°F/1287°C. and ships with a sturdy 2 3/4" high x 14" x 12 3/4" steel stand, complete with mar-proof rubber feet. With a separate top and bottom, the Caldera is stackable and completely portable.
Strong Lap Joints
To strengthen the firing chamber, the firebrick corners are fitted together with L-shaped notches. This type of joint lasts longer than the butted joint and the "picture frame" mitered joint found on competitive brands. The base is versatile and can be flipped if one side is damaged. The lid and base are interchangeable unless you order the lid with a glass window.
The Caldera switch box is coated with a durable high temperature, water-based finish. Elements are coiled from the finest high-temperature wire available. They use heat-dissipating element connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. The thermocouple is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life.
The basic Caldera is part of a kiln expansion system...
- Caldera-BC Bead Annealing Collar - When you are ready to anneal glass beads, add the modular Caldera-BC Bead Annealing collar. The Caldera-BC collar has a 7 ½” x 2” door on the side for annealing glass beads. The Caldera-BC collar adds 4 ½” of height to the main kiln. The collar has no heating elements and, will fire to 2000°F/1093°C.
- Caldera-X Blank Collar - The Caldera-X collar is a kiln section that stacks onto the Caldera, adding 4 ½” of height. The Caldera-X has no heating elements and, will fire to 2000°F/1093°C. It is designed to add extra space for low-fire projects such as glass slumping.
Caldera-E Collar - This collar adds 6 3/4” of height to the kiln. The Caldera-E collar has a 7 ½” x 4” copper enameling door on the side. Now you can explore the exciting art of copper enameling without having to buy a front-loading enameling kiln. The kiln ships with a rare earth magnet to hold the enameling door open, and a stainless steel bead mandrel holder. The mandrel holder attaches to the front of the kiln. The Caldera-E collar has no heating elements. For this reason, the Caldera-E collar will slow down the firing rate and reduce the maximum temperature to 1500°F (815°C).
- Vitrigraph Bottom for a base with a 1 1/2" or 2" hole...
Warning for the Caldera Kiln Equipped with a Lid Safety Switch and Collar
The Paragon Caldera high-fire digital kiln was intended to be a stackable kiln with a separate lid and bottom. However, the lid must be hinged to the Caldera body when a lid safety switch is installed. To stabilize a Caldera kiln that has a hinged lid, we attach the kiln body and kiln bottom together with two latches.
If an unlatched collar (enameling, bead, or extension) is mounted between the Caldera body and the kiln bottom, care must be taken when opening the hinged lid. Do not open the lid past 90 degrees (where the lid is straight up) unless the lid leans against a heat-proof support behind the kiln.
Please be aware when firing the Caldera with any collar in place, the maximum temperature is reduced. Enameling Collar – 1800°F; Bead Collar – 2000°F; Extension Collar – 2000°F
Optional Glass WindowYou can order your Caldera with an optional glass window in the top. The glass window is rated to 2300°F (1260°C), so it can easily withstand glass fusing temperatures. Please note, however, that the window reduces the kiln’s maximum temperature to approximately 2100°F (1148°C) and is meant for glass fusing. (You can still fire porcelain and stoneware jewelry even with the window, but you will need to plug the window with ceramic fiber.)