|Dimensions Inside:||17.5" (width) x 22.25" (depth)|
|Dimensions Outside:||25.5" (width) x 28.3" (depth) x 37" (height)|
|Shelf Size:||15" Round Shelf - NOT INCLUDED|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2300° F|
|Shipping Weight:||200# (freight)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- Sentry 12-key Controller
- Long-life electrical system with high-temperature wire
- Lock-in lid support with a positive catch
- 2 wide-view tapered peepholes
- Ventilated, louvered switch box
- 2 hand lifts
- Heavy duty kiln stand with mar-proof plastic feet
- Full-formed, galvanized steel base covers the entire brick bottom
- Fall-away two stage Prop-R-Vent for venting the ware
- Coated lid, peepholes, and rim of firebricks for extended firebrick life
- Operating instructions on the switch box
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Full firing capacity: fire ware directly on the brick bottom
- Reversible brick bottom
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves help prevent element bulging; eliminate the need for element pins; make changing the element easier and faster than some competing models that require element pins.
- Instruction Manual
- 1-year Limited Warranty
The digital automatic TNF82 Paragon kiln is large enough for most ceramic projects. Figured at the cost per cubic foot, it is among our lowest priced hobby kilns. It uses the same circuit size as most of our studio kilns. Upgrade to a larger kiln later without having to install a new circuit.
This kiln now features the easy-access drop-down switch box. Remove two screws, and the box, hinged at the bottom, opens forward for easy maintenance. The kiln features a top row of 2” high blank wall bricks. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading than a grooved brick.
The TNF82 is made of 2 ½” thick firebrick in the lid, walls, and bottom. It is designed for low-fire ceramics, china paint, decals, and gold. For porcelain and stoneware, select a kiln made of 3” firebrick.
The Xpress models feature a 3-key electronic controller, while the TNF models are equipped with a 12-key Sentry 2.0 controller.
Heavy Duty Rolling Stand, 18” Square x 12” High
A deluxe, rock solid kiln stand with locking casters is included at no extra charge. You will enjoy the convenience of effortlessly moving the kiln out of the way when not in use.
The stand has a mounting bracket for the Orton Kiln Vent and a greenware drying rack. To install an Orton Kiln Vent, slide the vent collection cup into the vent bracket. The new stand eliminates the need for the collection cup mounting bolt.
Take advantage of the heat that radiates from the kiln. Load greenware on the lower shelf. Heat from the kiln will dry the ware to prepare it for the next firing. Save the time and electrical expense of drying the ware inside the kiln.
Assemble the stand with simple tools. The stand slides together with interlocking components that assemble with one size of bolt.
Notes about the Orton VentMaster Option
When ordering a Ready-To-Ship kiln with the Orton VentMaster Option, you will need to prepare your kiln to attach the VentMaster when it arrives. The VentMaster installation process is outlined in the Orton VentMaster Instruction Manual.
On page 4 you will find the chart that helps you determine the number and size of holes to be drilled in the lid and floor of the kiln. On pages 5 and 6 you will find diagrams to help you determine where those holes should be drilled for your kiln design. Drilling these holes is SUPER easy and something anyone can do. This does not require any special skills or knowledge base. You'll just need some basic tools and you'll be ready to go!
Installing the VentMaster to your kiln is very easy and the directions are very clear. Once the VentMaster is attached to your kiln you can then decide exactly how you want to direct the kiln fumes out of your workspace.