Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
|Dimensions Inside:||5.5" (width) x 24" (depth) x 4.25 (height)|
|Dimensions Outside:||17" (width) x 37" (depth) x 17" (height)|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2350° F|
|Shipping Weight:||190# (Freight)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- Sentinel SmartTouch Controller
- Solid State Relays
- On/Off Safety Switch
- Built-in Stand
- Instruction Manual
- 1-year Limited Warranty (The manufacturer's warranty as well as the optional add-on Extended Warranty Protection Plan do not cover a service contractor to provide in-home kiln repairs.)
At Paragon we are excited that knives heat treated in the KM-24T are making history right now. The KM-24T was our first knifemaking furnace. We introduced it in 1986 with an advertisement in Blade magazine.
Long lasting solid state relay
The Paragon KM-24T now has a solid-state relay, which lasts far longer than a standard mechanical relay. The solid state relay has no moving parts to wear out. The first thing you will notice is that the solid state relay is silent. You will hear just the reassuring hum of elements. The solid state relay makes heating elements last longer and offers better temperature control during holds.
The Paragon KM-24T includes a mechanical relay as part of a safety circuit.
Drop door Standard
You can order a Paragon knifemaking furnace with either a drop door or a side-swing door. (The photo above shows the traditional drop door. Scroll down to Options to see the side swing door.) The price of the furnace is the same with either door style.
The drop door opens downward with one-handed operation. A counter-weight handle holds the door securely closed. The door, whether drop or side-swing, is mounted on a heavy-duty 1/2” thick hinge shaft for smooth opening. Because of the rigid case and heavy hinge, the door is sturdy enough for years of faithful service.
Door safety switch
The door micro safety switch shuts off the power to the elements when the door is opened, yet the controller continues to give a temperature readout. The safety switch is standard on Paragon KM furnaces.
Compare the full range of Paragon KM furnace sizes
- KM-14T: 14 ½” long, 5 ½” wide, and 4 ¼” high
- KM-18T: 18” long, 5 ½” wide, and 4 ¼” high
- KM-24T: 24” long, 5 ½” wide, and 4 ¼” high
- KM-36T: 36” long, 5 ½” wide, and 4 ¼” high
- KM-45T: 45” long, 5 ½” wide, and 4 ¼” high
- Double Barrel 9T: 11” long, 9” wide, and 4 ¼” high
- Double Barrel 18T: 18” long, 11” wide, and 4 ¼” high
- Double Barrel 24T: 24” long, 11” wide, and 4 ¼” high
Knifemakers Heat Treating Kit contains:
- One (1) Pair Hot Gloves: For intermittent handling of hot objects up to 400° F. Sold in pairs. Not intended for handling hot blades.
- One (1) Heat Treating Fork: Easily removes knife holders and blades from the hot furnace. A sliding wooden handle allows you the most comfortable position for holding the fork. 31” long.
- Eight (8) Firebrick Supports: Position firebrick supports under the knife holders inside the furnace. The firebrick supports raise the knife holders so you can slide the fork under holders.
- Four (4) Knifeholders: High-temperature removable pins fit into holes pressed into a ceramic base. The pins hold the blades on edge so heat can circulate around each blade. (You will need to wrap the blades in heat treating foil, which is not included in this kit.)