|Model:||Paragon Janus Dragon
|Dimensions Inside:||24" (width) x 24" (depth) x 27" (height)|
|Dimensions Outside:||43.8" (width) x 39.3" (depth) x 69" (height)|
|Max Temp:||Fires to 2350°F, Cone 10|
|Voltage:||240 volts / 1 Phase - Available in 208V and 3 phase
|Shipping Weight:||905 lbs. (freight)|
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US!
- High-Heat/Low-Heat Temp Selection switch
- 12-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- Mercury Relays
- 4” thick walls, top and door are made of 3” firebrick backed by 1” of ceramic fiber block insulation.
- Type-K thermocouple with ¼” sheath, or optional type-S
- Proportional power elements for more even heating
- 4 ½” thick reinforced firebrick floor.
- Case temperature at cone 10: 170°F (compared to 400-500°F for standard firebrick kilns)
- Ventilated and hinged switch box is generously slotted for air circulation1 ½” air gap between the switch box and kiln; electrical components stay cool and last longer.
The Paragon Janus Dragon kiln is an industrial furnace for mixed media; Pottery/Glass/Metals. And considering its features, it is surprisingly affordable.
The Paragon Janus Dragon mixed media kiln exudes power. Its 16,800 watts heat the 24” wide, 24” deep, 27” high interior to cone 10 with ample power to spare. Dropped, recessed grooves seat industrial-gauge wall and roof elements. (You can even order the optional door elements.) Real heat control when and where you need it!
High-Heat/Low-Heat Temp Selection Modes
Select between glass and pottery with the flip of a switch. With the switch in the glass position, heat comes from the top elements and the middle sidewall element. With the switch in the pottery position, heat comes from only the sidewall elements.
In the glass mode, fuse and sag large glass projects placed on a single shelf. In the pottery mode, fire to cone 10. You can also fire several shelves of smaller glass pieces using the pottery mode.
Advanced element grooves
The elements in the roof are mounted in a firebrick “ball” groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins.
Extra insulation saves energy. The 4” thick walls, top and door are made of 3” firebrick backed by 1” of ceramic fiber block insulation. The floor is 4 ½” thick firebrick. The extra insulation not only saves energy but also cools slowly. This gives the micro-crystalline structure and color of the glaze sufficient time for full development.
Convenient front loading
Potters who struggle with top-loading kilns will enjoy the Janus Dragon. The door swings open wide on a heavy ¾” steel rod with sealed bearings. Two spring-loaded latches press the door tightly closed.
The Paragon Janus Dragon kiln will fit through a 34” doorway if the handles and back element cover are temporarily removed.
Optional colors at no extra charge.
Need other accessories for your kiln? Click the link here to explore more Kiln Accessories.